Selection of projects (Stage 1)
Only projects fulfilling the above-mentioned eligibility criteria and adhering to the requirements set out in the online application form will be considered.
The following criteria will be considered during evaluation
- Relevance of the project to people living with HIV, viral hepatitis or tuberculosis in the project area
- Sustainability of the project (including any collaborations with key stakeholders at national and international level)
- Plausibility of the project for having an impact on the level of care for people living with HIV, viral hepatitis or tuberculosis in the applying institution
- Potential of the project for having an impact at national or regional level (impact on policy)
- Management scheme
- Track-record of applicants (encouraging younger investigators)
- Quality of submitted project description
- Appropriate budget justifications (details in proposal template)
- Perspective for scale-up into a WEEPI stage 2 project
Stage 1 as well as stage 2 projects must entail clinical or implementation research and should aim at producing quantifiable results/outputs.