Selection of projects
Only projects fulfilling the eligibility criteria and adhering to the requirements set out in the online application form will be considered.
The following criteria will be considered during the evaluation:
- Relevance of the project to people living with HIV, viral hepatitis or tuberculosis in relation to the scope of the call
- Plausibility of the project for having an impact on the provision of care for people living with HIV, viral hepatitis or tuberculosis in the applying institution
- Potential of the project for having an impact at national or regional level policy and/or practice
- Quality of submitted proposal
- Ethical appropriateness
- Sustainability (including any collaborations with key stakeholders at national and international level)
- Perspective for scale-up into a WEEPI stage 2 project
- Track-record of applicants (encouraging younger investigators) and capacity of applying organization
- Appropriate budget justifications (details in template) and management scheme
- Disease burden in applying country and/or study population group.
All WEEPI projects must entail clinical or implementation research and should aim at producing quantifiable results/outputs and documenting lessons learned.
A detailed report of the review and selection process for the stage 1 project applications (following the March 2020 call for proposals) can be found here.
The WEEPI Foundation gratefully acknowledges the expert contribution of the external reviewers who conducted the detailed reviews of the eligible proposals (see 'Acknowledgements' for names and affilications).