Selection of projects (Stage 1)
Only projects fulfilling the above-mentioned eligibility criteria and adhering to the requirements set out in the online application form will be considered.
The following criteria will be considered during evaluation
- Relevance of the project to people living with HIV, viral hepatitis or tuberculosis in the project area
- Sustainability of the project (including any collaborations with key stakeholders at national and international level)
- Plausibility of the project for having an impact on the level of care for people living with HIV, viral hepatitis or tuberculosis in the applying institution
- Potential of the project for having an impact at national or regional level (impact on policy)
- Management scheme
- Track-record of applicants (encouraging younger investigators)
- Quality of submitted project description
- Appropriate budget justifications (details in proposal template)
- Perspective for scale-up into a WEEPI stage 2 project
Stage 1 as well as stage 2 projects must entail clinical or implementation research and should aim at producing quantifiable results/outputs.
A detailed report of the review and selection process following the March 2020 call for proposals can be found here.
The WEEPI Foundation gratefully acknowledges the expert contribution of the external reviewers who conducted the detailed reviews of the eligible proposals (see the 'Acknowledgements' page for names and affilications).