Thank you to all applicants for the many exciting submissions and the external reviewers for their expert reviews.
we are not here for the infection, but for people
The Western-Eastern European Partnership Initiative on HIV, Viral Hepatitis and TB (WEEPI) is a foundation with the overall goal to improve the quality of care for people with HIV, viral hepatitis and tuberculosis in the Eastern European Region through support of clinical or implementation research projects.
In particular it aims to:
- improve testing for HIV, viral hepatitis and tuberculosis and ensure linkage to care and treatment;
- reduce barriers to testing and care, including for key-populations;
- support advanced training, in particular through e-learning and the adoption of national standards and guidelines;
- implement standard of care following European clinical guidelines (EACS and WHO).
- pilot and validate quality control instruments to improve standard of care;
- generate evidence on new approaches to improve standard of care.