Brief project summaries are available here
WEEPI Foundation urgently calls upon compassionate hearts like yours to address the tremendous burden of diseases in Eastern Europe, compounded by the devastating impact of conflict and war. Your generous support can transform lives and bring hope to the most vulnerable communities in the region.
Find out more …
we are not here for the infection, but for people
The Western-Eastern European Partnership Initiative on HIV, Viral Hepatitis and TB (WEEPI) is a foundation with the overall goal to improve the quality of care for people with HIV, viral hepatitis and tuberculosis in the eastern European region through support of clinical or implementation research projects.
In particular WEEPI aims to:
- improve testing for HIV, viral hepatitis and tuberculosis and ensure linkage to care and treatment;
- reduce barriers to testing and care, including for key-populations;
- support advanced training, in particular through e-learning and the adoption of national standards and guidelines;
- implement standard of care following European guidelines (EACS and WHO).
- pilot and validate quality control instruments to improve standard of care;
- generate evidence on new approaches to improve HIV, viral hepatitis and TB prevention, testing and care services.