Find out more …
FOUR PROJECTS HAVE BEEN SELECTED FOLLOWING WEEPI’S ‘EXTRAORDINARY’ CALL FOR EMERGENCY PROJECTS TO SUPPORT THE PROVISION OF HIV, VIRAL HEPATITIS AND TUBERCULOSIS CARE FOR PEOPLE AFFECTED BY THE WAR IN UKRAINE.
WEEPI HAS AWARDED ITS FIRST GRANTS. SEVEN STAGE 1 PROJECTS COVERING A RANGE OF CLINICAL AND IMPLEMENTATION RESEARCH TOPICS HAVE BEEN IMPLEMENTED.
Successful stage 1 projects were eligible to apply for a stage 2 grant.
we are not here for the infection, but for people
The Western-Eastern European Partnership Initiative on HIV, Viral Hepatitis and TB (WEEPI) is a foundation with the overall goal to improve the quality of care for people with HIV, viral hepatitis and tuberculosis in the eastern European region through support of clinical or implementation research projects.
In particular WEEPI aims to:
- improve testing for HIV, viral hepatitis and tuberculosis and ensure linkage to care and treatment;
- reduce barriers to testing and care, including for key-populations;
- support advanced training, in particular through e-learning and the adoption of national standards and guidelines;
- implement standard of care following European guidelines (EACS and WHO).
- pilot and validate quality control instruments to improve standard of care;
- generate evidence on new approaches to improve HIV, viral hepatitis and TB prevention, testing and care services.